Meditation has become one of the most popular ways to relieve stress among people of all walks of life.
This thousand year old practice can be used in several important ways. We will talk about some of the key benefits of meditation.
It can be a quick-fix stress reliever to help you reverse your body’s stress response and physically relax.
Meditation can help you build resilience to stress.
You can use it as a technique to get centered when you’re thrown off by emotional stress.
A form of meditation can even be used for weight loss and healthier eating. Your physical and emotional stress can melt away if you learn to calm your body and mind. This leaves you feeling better, refreshed, and ready to face the challenges of your. All this while having a healthy attitude all day. With regular practice over weeks or months, you can experience even greater benefits of mediation.
Meditation involves sitting in a relaxed position and clearing your mind, or focusing your mind on one thought and clearing it of all others.
You may focus on a sound, like “ooommm,” or on your own breathing, counting, a mantra, or nothing at all.
A common thread among the many meditation techniques is that the mind stops following every new thought that comes to the surface.
Here are some ever lasting benefits of Meditation:
- It restores the body to a calm state, helping the body repair itself and preventing new damage from the physical effects of stress.
- Meditation brings a greater gain that is the long-term resilience which comes with regular practice.
- It helps in a greater chance of maintaining a positive mood.
- Your Blood pressure normalizes if you meditate more.
- While you are meditating your body uses oxygen more efficiently.
- Your immunity system improves if you make your body used to meditating.
- The mind ages at a slow rate and meditation helps with that.
- Human mind clears and the creative process increases if you meditate.
Meditation also helps many people connect to a place of inner strength.
Numerous studies have found that, in diverse populations, meditation can minimize stress and build resilience. This results in to a better body and a Better you!